DCCC Targets TX-7
The folks in Washington DC woke up recently and realized that Texas’ 7th Congressional District should be, and can be, represented by a Democrat. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) officially put the district on its 2018 target list because Sec. Clinton took the district with 47%.
Also, the Washington Post interviewed me because with 44% last November, I had the strongest showing against John Culberson in 16 years.
- Light rail to the Galleria and West Houston,
- Raising the minimum wage for the first time since 2009,
- Fully funding biomedical research at our Texas Medical Center,
- Supporting the wind and solar industries and the jobs they are creating,
- Repairing, not replacing, the Affordable Care Act,
- Keeping the successful Export-Import Bank,
- Letting women, not congressmen, make their own medical decisions,
- Universal pre-kindergarden,
- Closing gun background check loopholes,
- Enacting comprehensive immigration reform that keeps families together,
- And more….